Dr Suryaprakash Vaddi is one of the leading urologist, robotic and laparoscopic urosurgeon in Hyderabad. With over 19 years of experience at city’s leading hospitals he has performed more than 150 kidney transplants. He has significant expertise in endourology, advanced laparoscopy, robotic surgery and reconstructive urology. He has conducted PCNL and RIRS workshops in Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad
Areas of Interest in Urology
Endourology, Robotic surgery, Advanced Laparoscopic Urology, Urooncology, Renal Transplantation & Reconstructive Urology
- MBBS: Kurnool Medical College Kurnool, A.P, 1993
- MS (Gen Surgery): Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research( PGIMER), Chandigarh, 1998
- FRCSED: Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, 2000
- M.Ch (Urology): Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS), Hyderabad, 2004
- DNB (Urology): National Board of Examinations, New Delhi, 2005
- Dip. Laparoscopy: University of Strasbourg, France, 2016
Yashoda Hospitals, Somajiguda Hyderabad
Since December 2017
Senior Consultant Urologist, Transplant and Robotic surgeon
Virinchi Hospitals, Hyderabad
Sept 2016 to Nov 2017
Senior Consultant and Head of the Department of Urology and Renal Transplantation
Narayana Medical College Hospital, Nellore
June 2006 to Sept 2016
Professor and Head, Department of Urology and Renal Transplantation
Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS), Hyderabad
Feb 2005 to June 2016
Assistant professor in the Department of Urology and Renal Transplantation
Sri Satya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences (SSSIHMS), Puttaparthi, Anantapur, A.P
July 2000 to Jan 2002
Senior Resident in Urology
Special Interest and Expertise
- Laparoscopic Urology
- Advanced Endourology
- Uro-oncology and Reconstructive Urology
- Specialise in Laser Treatment for Prostate Enlargement
- Treatment for Stricture Urethra Disease and Urolithiasis
- Endourology, Robotic surgery, Advanced Laparoscopic Urology, Urooncology, Renal Transplantation
- Reconstructive Urology
Research & Publications
- Vaddi, Surya P., Vijaya B. Reddy, and Samuel JK Abraham. “Buccal epithelium Expanded and Encapsulated in Scaffold‐Hybrid Approach to Urethral Stricture (BEES‐HAUS) procedure: A novel cell therapy‐based pilot study.” International Journal of Urology (2018).
- Prakash SV, Mohan CG, Reddy VG, Reddy VV, Kumar A, Reddy UV. Salvageability of kidney in Grade IV renal trauma by minimally invasive treatment methods: A tertiary care single institute experience. J Emerg Trauma Shock I 8:1 I
- V. Surya Prakash, G. Chandra Mohan, S. Venkata Krishnaiah, V. Vijaykumar, G. Ramesh Babu, G. Vijaya Bhaskar Reddy, V. S. Mahaboob. Ten-core versus 16-core transrectal ultrasonography guided prostate biopsy for detection of prostatic Carcinoma: a prospective comparative study in Indian population. Prostate Int 2013;1(4):1-6.
- V. SuryaPrakash, M. Punit, V. Ajit, D. Sreedhar, G. Chandra-Mohan, P. R. Vedamurthy,and K. Sushanth Combined Laparoscopic and Percutaneous Management of Calcified Renal Hydatid Cyst A Novel Nephroscope and Lithotripter-assisted Technique. UROLOGY 79: 1407–1409, 2012
- Surya Prakash vaddi, Rahul Devraj, Vedamurthy reddy, Ajit vikram, sreedhar p, Ragavan. Urethral steinstrasse causing acute urinary retention: Urology Vol 77,. 3,March 2011 | 594-95
- Surya Prakash Vaddi, Vedamurthy Pogula Reddy, Rahul Devraj: Wunderlich syndrome in a Tuberous sclerosis patient. Indian Journal of Surgery 2011; 73(3):227-229.
- V Suryaprakash, PVLN Murthy, R Liza, Ch. Ramreddy , N Srinivas, A Prayag. Wegener’s granulomatosis of urinary tract presenting as bladder outlet obstruction. Indian Journal of Urology, Year 2006, Volume 22, (3).
- Surya Prakash Vaddi, VR pogula, R Devraj& AV Sreedhar. Congenital bladder bladder diverticulum- a rare adult presentation. Journal of surgical case reports 2011 4:8
- Punit Mahadik, Surya Prakash Vaddi, Chandra-Mohan Godala, V. Vijaya Kumar Reddy, and Venkat Krishna Sambar. Factors Affecting Trial Without Catheter for First Spontaneous Acute Urinary Retention. Int Neurourol J. Sep 2013; 17(3): 121–126
- Bhaskar VG, Vaddi SP, Godala C, Vasanthu VK. Eosinophilic cystitis: Report of two cases and review of literature. Arch Int Surg 2014; 4:117-20.
- Chandra G. Mohan, Surya V. Prakash, Vijay V. Kumar, and Ramesh G. Babu. Isolated megalourethra: A rare case report and review of literature. J Indian Assoc Pediatr Surg. 2014 Jul-Sep; 19(3): 178–180.
- Indira Gurajala, Surya Prakash vaddi, Rahul Devaraj, Narasimhareddy. Anesthetic management of transurethral resection of prostate in a patient with aortic and mitral valve replacement. Indian J. Anaesthesia Vol 55,issue4, July-Aug 2011
- Punit Mahadik, Surya Prakash Vaddi, Chandra-Mohan Godala, Venkatkrishna Sambar, Sushanth Kulkarni and Ramesh Gundala. Posterior Urethral Valve: Delayed Presentation in Adolescence. Int Neurourol J. 2012 Sep;16(3):149-152
- Rahul Devraj, Vedamurthy Pogula Reddy, Surya Prakash Vaddi, Chandra Mohan G, Ajit Vikram, Sreedhar D: Retroperitoneal textiloma mimicking an Adrenal tumor. Uro Today Internationl Journal 2011.
- Vedamurthy Pogula Reddy, Madhurima Pothula, Ravishankar Ganji, Surya Prakash Vaddi. Adult Wilms’ Tumor with spinal metastases. Uro Today Internationl Journal 2011;
- Vijayabhaskar Reddy Gouru, Suryaprakash vaddi, Vedamurthy Pogula Reddy, Chandra Mohan G, Ajit Vikram, Sreedhar D, Punit,Venkata Krishna: Isolated renal hydatid cyst: Report of two cases. Uro Today Internationl Journal
- Amit Kumar, Surya Prakash Vaddi, Chandra Mohan, Vijay Bhaskar, Vijay Kumar Vasanthu. Nephron-Sparing Surgery in Renal-Cell Carcinoma in a Second Allografted Kidney: A Rare Case Report. Uro Today Internationl Journal. UIJ / Vol 6 / Iss 6 / December
- P VLN Murthy, Surya Prakash, Nandkumar, Ch Ram Reddy, KV DakshinaMurthy. Tuberculous Pyonephrosis of native kidney in a transplant recipient 16 years after the ligation of the Native ureter. Indian Journal of Urology, Year 2004, Volume 20, Issue 2
- N.A. Jadeja, R. Gulia, C. Panchakshari, T. Prashantha Bhatta and V.Surya Prakash. Bladder exstrophy with massive rectal prolapse in a man: successful management of a difficult combination. BJU International 2002 vol 89 466.
- P.VLN.Murthy, V.Surya Prakash, Srimannarayana & CH.ramreddy .Bilateral Ureteric Calculi: Management options – (abstract) – VOL.18, 1 November 2004, Journal of Endo-urology
- P.VLNMurthy,V.Surya Prakash, Srimannarayana & Ch.Ram reddy .evaluation of residual calculi in post PCNL (abstract) . Journal of Endourology 2004; 18:1
- T. Malati, Rajani Kumari G, P V L N Murthy, Ch Ram Reddy, V Surya Prakash . Prostate Specific antigen in patients of benign prostate hypertrophy and carcinoma prostate. Indian journal of Biochemistry, 2006,21 (1) 34-40
- Renal silica calculi in children: Report of two cases and review of literature, Vijaya Bhaskar Reddy Gouru, Surya Prakash Vaddi, Srikanth Reddy D., Sankar G. S. G. Archives of International Surgery / April-June 2015 / Vol 5 / Issue 2
- Role of tissue engineered buccal mucosa for treatment of urethral stricture Vaddi S 1 , Godala C 1 , Reddy V 1 , Senthilkumar R 2 , Srinivasan T 2 , Reena H 2 , Preethy S 2 , Abraham S 3, Journal of Stem cells and Regenerative medicine . Journal of Stem cells and Regenerative medicine
- Shashanka M. Bose Alok Mazumdar, Surya V Prakash, Rakesh Kocher, Sudha Katariya, Chander M. Pathak .Evaluation of the Predictors of Choledocholithiasis: Comparative Analysis of Clinical, Biochemical, Radiological, Radionuclear, and Intraoperative Parameters. Surgery Today February 2001, Volume 31, Issue 2, pp 117-12
Awards and Achievements
- Dr. Suryaprakash Vaddi, in collaboration with Japan’s JBM Inc., develops a novel treatment for male urethral stricture.
- Gold medalist in Graduation
- Best Resident award during MCh training
- Vishal Travelling fellowship in APSOGUS for the years- 2002, 2003
- Organizing secretary for 24th Annual Conference of Andhra Pradesh State urology Society(APSOGUS)
- Conducted mock examinations every year for urology postgraduates at Narayana Medical College from 2009- 2016
- External Examiner for MCh students at KMC, Manipal, Vydehi medical College, Bangalore , Rajarajeswari medical College, Bangalore, Govt. Medical College, Bellary and Internal examiner for Sri Venkateswara Institute of medical Sciences(SVIMS), Tirupathi .
- Conducted Ravishankar Uroradiology Quiz for postgraduates at SZUSICON 2012 at Hyderabad.
- Chaired Scientific sessions at state, Zonal and national level meetings.
- Fellow of European Board of Urology (Passed in the Fellowship exam for non EU residents)